|© Mlpotma | Stock Free Images &Dreamstime Stock Photos|
From the website, "How to Observe Memorial Day":
The "Memorial" in Memorial Day has been ignored by too many of us who are beneficiaries of those who have given the ultimate sacrifice. Often we do not observe the day as it should be -- a day where we actively remember our ancestors, our family members, our loved ones, our neighbors, and our friends who have given their lives for ours.
Here are some ways to honor and observe Memorial Day:
- by visiting cemeteries and placing flags or flowers on the graves of our fallen heroes.
- by visiting memorials.
- by flying the U.S. Flag at half-staff until noon.
- by flying the 'POW/MIA Flag' as well (Section 1082 of the 1998 Defense Authorization Act).
- by participating in a "National Moment of Remembrance" at 3 p.m. to pause and think upon the true meaning of the day, and for Taps to be played.
- by renewing a pledge to aid the widows, widowers, and orphans of our falled dead, and to aid the disabled veterans.
Humbly loving you,